Tower Poetry Society, in collaboration with visual/textile artist Lorraine Roy, presents…
After the success of the first PoARTry event, we endeavour to create a similar collaboration between poets and artists that will showcase virtually with the possibility/opportunity for an in-person exhibition after the first year. This may become an ongoing event.
Tower Poetry Society POETS have submitted poems that inspire visual art or fine crafts.
Artists, please send your top 3 picks (first come first serve) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- Your name
- contact email
- phone number
- top 3 choices (#, title, poet)
You will be contacted confirming the poem you will use to inspire your visual art, as well as an opportunity to discuss a comfortable timeline for your project. We will expect a clear professional photo or photos upon completion.
* Depending upon volume and fit, we reserve the right to defer or decline submissions.
* One poem or art submission/year.
We will display a poem/visual art pair each month (more in April in honour of Poetry Writing Month) on our social media platforms and link it to artist/poet pages/platforms.
Introducing the fine poems written by members of Tower Poetry Society…
- “Adjustment” by Jim Tomkins
- “Attic Playhouse” by Carolyn Wilker
- “Away” by Nicola Schneider
- “Blasting Elvis and Buddy Holly” by Roy J. Adams
- “Clayoquot Sound” by Teresa Hall
- “Illumination” by Halyna Koba
- “Out of Time” by Lisa Borkovich
- “Parque Juarez” by Gaiyle J. Connolly